Friday, February 1, 2013

The Saboteur


So here is an update on my plant based eating. All is going well until I get lazy. I work some crazy hours so I really don’t have a lot of time to cook stuff when I get home. Oh but I make time to watch Primeval, mind you. Yes, I have strayed from my healthy foods for a few meals. And no, I don’t beat myself up about those meals or get depressed. That is a vicious cycle that leads to more “this is what falling off the wagon looks like” photo days. So I eat crap for a meal, so what, there is room for improvement on the next one. Plus, eating junk makes me feel like hell, so I tend to eat better the next meal anyways. But I find that when you eat junk you seem to crave more of it. That lovely little mix of salt, fat, and sugar (in my case probably more salt, and then more salt) sends the pleasure chemicals in your brain into overdrive. Kinda like a heroin addict I suppose. Same concept applies to the chemical laden junk food. If you eat a lot of processed chemical laden junk and then go off cold turkey, you can have actual withdrawal symptoms. Yes I have tested this theory on myself before, the jittery feeling, inability to focus, etc. I haven’t really experienced that stuff with this transition, probably because I eat some “treats” every once in a while.

 

So in an effort to keep successful with my new healthy lifestyle, I have to implement some new habits the next few days.

1.       Clean up the kitchen. I am super lazy about this one. A clean kitchen is better to stick to eating healthy.

2.       Put away dishes when they are clean and load dirty ones. Lazy about this too.

3.       Don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink. You don’t even want to see the state of my kitchen right now.

4.       Make weekly menus with shopping lists.

5.       When the groceries get home, break down items into the menu meals.

6.       Put together ingredients/spices for meals.

7.       Cut up any veggies/fruits for menu meals.

8.       Put together all items for meals and label. This way when I get home everything is ready to cook.

 

I think these ideas will help eliminate a lot of time consuming prep work during the week in just 1-2 hours on the weekend. Which means more time for sleep (ok really more time for my shows AKA The Saboteur).


And I feel it is my civic duty to tell everyone that the Jack Daniels beef jerky stick tastes like ass. No, I really don't know what ass tastes like, but I am sure that is it. Disgusting. So just do yourself a favor and don't deviate from the Slim Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment