Wednesday, February 13, 2013

35 years review....warning...rants ahead.....


I turned 35 last week. Yep, 35. Holy shit-balls. So I thought I would do a little review of the whole 35 thing. I did graduate from UGA (holla!!), but with a psychology degree (kicking myself in the ass for that one). Let’s just say that degree has not helped me in any way at ALL. But hey, at least I have a degree. I have been a type 1 diabetic for 30 years and have not had a bad A1C in that time. Sweet!!! 

 
But here comes the negative (what you thought I would spare you the depression rants? Not!!). In short I am 35; fat, single, pretty much broke, and have a job that makes me want to do a swan dive off the parking deck. I thought I would have been married with at least 1 kid at this point (yeah I just said kid, me, hell just froze over). I was married, then divorced, yadda yadda yadda. No, am really not all that mad about my single status. I chalk my dating/married experiences up to valuable learning. For example, I know when you guys are lying, every time, without fail. I appreciate a good guy more than I did back in the day. I don’t waste my time with douche bags that not good for me. I think I did too much of the whole dating guys that just happened to be there or interested, and see how that little gem turned out? Like a horse kick in the ass, thats how.  Now not all of the dudes that I have dated have been total asshats, there were a few good guys (and I mean a FEW). Before you wingnuts start using the “bitter” word, keep in mind that this is just the plain ole truth here (say “bitter” one more time bitch, but get a dictionary and read the definition before using the word first). So since the dating ways that I have been using have not been working, so its time to try something different (like dating a former frat boy. Hell just froze over again. I avoided that little group like the plague because of the whole “meathead” mentality).

 
One day I will meet the perfect guy (for me that is). But I would rather wait for that guy than settle any day of the week. Amen to that shit. No, I am not bitter. In the words of Charlotte  “I have been dating since I was 15. I am exhausted!!! Where is he?!?!?!?!”. I am exhausted. Coffee might help take the edge off that one.

 
As far as the fatty……workin on that shit. Biking to work, went “plant strong”, and keeping the popcorn and bacon addiction in check.

 
The job. Every morning when I get to the door I have an Office Space moment when looking at the door handles and I wonder how in the hell did I get to this shit hole point in my life. So looking to exodus to something better. Hopefully on the west coast. Atlanta kinda sucks big harry balls and then some. But hey if you know of something feel free to let me know.

So that is my little depression rant for today. Holla!!!

Cheers & beers !!!!
 
**And of course, if you are going to bitch about my rants...try posting a useful comment instead.

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog as I was blog stalking some followers of other blogs I found. Hey, don't judge. :) Well first off, Happy belated 35th birthday! Even though you aren't where you want to be in life at least you're thinking positive and that guy will come along. Don't settle for douche bags and frat boys. You're better than that! Best of luck on your weight loss journey, you'll get to your goals soon enough.

    Vanna

    loseitwithvanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. No judgement for the blog stalking here lol. That is usually how you find some good blogs to read. Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate it. I will get there. Sooner rather than later I hope.
    Cheers & beers!!!
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete