Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving recap

I had a pretty good Thanksgiving. I hope everyone else did as well. Since most of my family was doing something else, the rest of us met up at S&S cafeteria. it was actually pretty good. And no cleaning up after it either. Score!!  I make it a point to not eat leftovers from thanksgiving. one meal of goin crazy and thats it. I even got to eat some pumpkin pie. Well, 1/2 of it that is. I was too full to finish it anyways. Sigh. I have been slacking on my fruits and veggies lately so I really need to get back in that balance. I need to get my thyroid checked because my hair is seriously falling out, nails are so brittle I break one almost every day, skin is dry, and have tingling in my fingertips. Yes apparently when I hit my 30's everything started falling apart. Grrrr. It is our normal tradition to hit a bar in little 5 points after thanksgiving stuff but since we met up at noon, nothing was open. I think we tried every place in the city. My brother, his girlfriend, and myself, just opted to get something at the liqueur store and call it a day. Beer!!!!

I did get in some biking each day other than Thursday. I cleaned up my apartment yesterday so I will be counting that as exercise, oh yes. I did manage to get my brother to bike with me on Friday. he ran the 1/2 marathon thanksgiving morning and thought he would run while I biked. That lasted all of 10 minutes before he was whining like baby. The awesome peeps at Intown Bikes pumped up his tires for free. I got my brother to bike the Beltline or AKA the-super-annoying-moronic-walkers-take-up-the-whole-damn-road. He got to see why it annoys the hell out of me to ride on it when there are a good bit of people walking. Hey morons......when someone says "on your left" DO NOT move to your left. That is where I am RETARD!!!!! Its not rocket science!!! I digress.

I did not go shopping on Friday (like I was going to get up for that madness anyways. riiiiight.) I killed my credit card the weekend before at REI. Got some awesome stuff. Will post a pic. Oh I did check out Lulu lemon for the first time. I must say.....I am not all that impressed. They had SOME cute stuff but it was soo expensive I really didn't bother with anything. I am more of a fan of Lucy. Perhaps lemon will have better stuff in the spring.

That is pretty much it for right now. I need a nap. And a vacation, which I will be going on Dec 6-10th. Heading to Chicago with my mom. Ohy. I can see right now I will be leaving her at the mall or store most of the time to find the best Chicago pizza and beer. Add some garrets popcorn and we are set.

Cheers!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment