Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cycle update

So this is an update on the riding to and from work these days. We are short a person in our group so I get to bike in the dark. Yippee!!! I do have e pretty good reflective backpack and enough lights on my bike to resemble a small Christmas tree. 2 on the sides of my backpack and one on the back of the bike, and 1 headlight sort of thing. The jacket I have now is black but hopefully all of this stuff will make me visible no matter what color my jacket is. If you have ever driven in Atlanta you would probably agree that nothing can save you from the moronic drivers. I really want to get a new backpack. The one I have as nice but really stiff and fitting in my daily stuff get to be a pain sometimes. More money to REI. Damn it!! But I will try and return the pack to dicks. Will see how well that turns out.

I would like to say it is getting easier, but it isn’t. If anything it is getting harder for some reason. That is why I am getting my thyroid and vitamin levels checked tomorrow. Hopefully I just need some vitamins. Hopefully. It seems like I hit my 30’s and my body is falling apart or something. Ohy.

On the food front…….it might be a good idea to bring a morning snack. I eat before I leave the house but I am usually hungry again a bit after I get to work. I don’t want to eat a big breakfast before I get on the bike, so I think a morning snack should help. My morning meal these days is usually a slice of rye bread with pimento cheese and a small glass of milk or juice. So far I have been cramp free on my morning rides. Nice.
 And a shout out to IKEA for their thermos drink thingy. This thing will keep my coffee HOT well past lunch time. Burned my tongue this morning. Ouch.  For $6 you can’t beat the quality for the price anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment