Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A special thanks

I try to remember those that help me out when sh*t happens. If you didn't know, last year I managed to sprain my left ankle and my right mid-foot (at the same time of course) the night before I was going to move to my current place in midtown. I also sprained all of the top toe ligaments in all of my toes except for my right pinky toe. It was not a good time. How did I manage such a swell thing you ask???? I just stepped off the curb wrong. I felt the fall and the next thing I knew I was face down on the pavement with my feet feeling like A-Rod took a bat to them. I do remember hearing some crunching. Ick. I digress.

But 3 of my dear friends still came over to help my move all of my crap. I felt horrible because walking was nearly impossible and trying to lift any boxes was a damn joke. But everything got to my new place super quick and I think I still owe everyone beers :)  So a special thanks to my dear friends and my mom for helping me out that day. You guys rock my face off!!!

This came to mind recently because I have been having issues with my left ankle since I have been riding to work (my weight is on my left foot when I stop). Looks like I will be using the wrap again and doing the resistance bands from PT that I had to do before. Yay!!! That is fine with me because that was some serious pain and I do NOT want to sprain anything ever again. Yes I have pics of it a week after it happened.....but I really don't think anyone wants to see that lol.

Back to work. Hope everyone is having a good week. Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment