Monday, August 13, 2012

To carb.....or not to carb? Monday 08/13

So even though I am still overweight, I did apply to the nutrition program at GA state university. And I got in. But due to the financial annoyance I was not able to start the program. I already have my bachelors and getting any financial aid for another one is like pissing in the wind. If I have not said so, I am a type 1 diabetic. I was diagnosed when I was 5 and have been on insulin ever since. No, I was not a chubby kid, or even a chubby teenager. I know exactly why I gained the weight. I have a desk job, don't work out anymore, and my eating habits have gone to shit. And fixing those.....easier said than done. Ask anyone that is trying to loose weight.

So having said that I do know A LOT about nutrition and how your body work with food. It isn't really rocket science. It is more that lack of motivation and other pressures (will post an excellent book on this subject). But a good friend told me how she lost over 85 pounds. She said she eats pretty much what she wants for breakfast but only until she is satisfied. For lunch she goes low carb, being that ANY carbs are unprocessed. Dinner is no bread items at all, mostly lean meats, soy, ,and lots of vegetables. She says that fruits are at every meal as well. Hey, have to get those vitamins. So I was pondering this idea. Will see how it goes. Now on to the food for today for this trial.

Breakfast:
1 slice multigrain bread-from farmers mkt
2 eggs
2tbsp peanutbutter mixed with 1 tsp honey
1/3 bottle vitamin water revive
1/3 cup coffee with cream& sugar

Lunch:
1 medium sweet potato just the inside
1/2c 2% greek yogurt
1c turkey chili
lots of cilantro leaves
** I got this meal idea from Self magazine and it is soooooo good. Try it.
*was only able to eat about half of this. You will get full quickly

No comments:

Post a Comment