Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The weekly update


So hi there crazy people. How has life been treating you? Been pretty busy around here these days. On a sad note…….I  had to get Batcowcat put to sleep this past weekend. She was pretty sick and in pain. I am glad she is not in any pain anymore. Sad, sad, sad. She was the coolest cat ever. Houdini doesn’t know what to do without his big sister around to annoy.

I did a bit of retail therapy at REI after my kitty passed away. Needless to say I got a new sit-on-top kayak. Went down the Taccoa River this weekend to test it out……not the smartest idea to test out a new kayak on a river I have never been on before. But at least I did not flip out of it like someone else. You know who you are hahahaha.

I was up in the mountains for Memorial Day weekend and did a bit of hiking. Note to self: do not attempt that shit after doing a 5K the same morning. My legs were not having any of the horse squeeze.

Honestly my weekends have been to damn bust and I roll into work on Monday morning like a zombie. But oh well. I have too much fun doing lots of stuff. Another kayaking run is in the works for this Sunday at Lake Lanier. Much more calm for a new kayak.

I had to stop the training for the Peachtree. I am not able to do the week assignments and the last training about killed me. Worry not my friends…..I have substituted walking up Stone Mountain on Saturday mornings instead. That just about killed me to but there is no increase in distance or anything, you can just walk up faster (like monkeys will fly out of my ass).

On the riding front……I still ride my bike to work. I have a feeling that I will need to leave my place a bit earlier because it is pretty hot when I leave at 8:45 in the morning. And it will only get worse with the heat. Since the gym is across from my office I should leave earlier and get in some weight training before work.

On the eating stuff…….well I have just been doing whatever the hell I wanted to for the last weeks or so. I am on a mission to cut out processed foods and see how that works. Will see how it goes for a week and will report the results. Starting tomorrow.

Cheers & beers !!

No comments:

Post a Comment