Friday, March 15, 2013

Still here


Yes I am still alive. Although the bruise on my leg/thigh might disagree with that statement. So here is what’s been goin on…..last Friday I had a Cardiac Catheterization done on my heart to check things out. Some tightness in my chest and random dizziness prompted my cardiologist to go ahead and check things out. If you don’t know what that is Google it. Basically they put a wire through your femoral artery at your groin, pass the wire all the way up t o your heart, release some dye, and take pics of all the arteries and veins. Joy.  But hey, my heart is ok. So next is to see what the hell is causing me to get dizzy a lot. Hmmmmm. But the bruise, oh the damn bruise. It is huge. About the size of a volleyball at the upper leg/thigh/groin area. And yes it is really damn sore. Like I can’t even get on my bike right now sore. I have a pic of HALF of the bruise below. And before you freak the hell out I am NOT showing you any girl parts here. Sheesh. This is just the upper part of my leg/thigh/tree trunk. This bad boy might take a month or 2 to heal. Damn it.

 
On the food front……you may have noticed the no pics of my meals. To say I have fallen off the wagon may be an understatement. Perhaps I am trying to take on too much at once here. I do very well for breakfast and lunch, but by the time dinner rolls around I just want to stick my face in a bucket of fried chicken, or bacon. Yes, I may have a junk food addiction. Do they have groups for that?

So let’s start small and include 1 serving of a non-plant strong something per day and go from there. Baby steps. Eventually that can be crowded out by better foods. Hopefully this will curb my binge eating. One can only hope.

 
Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. I am not sure I will be going out for St Patty’s day. It hurts to walk still from the bruising.

Cheers & beers!!

2 comments:

  1. Ouch, that looks incredibly painful! I've already told you but I'm going to say it again, I'm glad the tests came out ok. Now step away from bucket of fried chicken! Baby steps.

    ReplyDelete