Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New year resolutions

Ah the new years resolutions.....again. But first...I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas. Mine was pretty drama free which is nice.We had brunch at my brothers place. Yummmmm bacon. I was glad I was able to see my cousin that has been in RI for a bit. Hugs Shelly!!! My new year's eve was awesome because I got to come home and did absolutely nothing and got to sleep in til noon today (didn't get off work til after 8 last night. boo). Sweet!!!!!


Anyways.....back to the resolutions. This year I am going to change my eating habits. If you have seen the "falling off the wagon" pictures you will know why. Plus having vitamin deficiencies just pisses me off and makes me feel like crap. So here is the plan:

1. At least 60% of every meal must be fruits and veggies.
2. Any splurge must fit into the inside portion of the palm of my hand.
3. Any alcohol must fit into the small juice glasses. I think I drink too much at dinner. Ohy.
4. Carve out at least 3 hours a week for grocery shopping, cutting up fruits and vegges for the week, and              planning meals for the week.
5. Get in at least 1+ weight training session per week. Just 30 minutes. Paying for the gym membership already, might as well use it.
6. Do not lower my standards in dating. No point in bothering with someone that isn't right for me. And kick dishonest guys to the curb ASAP. That's a big one there.
7. Eat smaller meals and stop eating when I am satisfied. Getting full actually causes me physical pain in my stomach. Not good for the acid reflux.
8. If this crap hasn't yielded at least a 4 pound weight loss be the end of the month, go back on weightwatchers.
9. Find a better damn job that doesn't make me want to do a swan dive off the parking deck.


I know I have written about WW before. It is a good program but really isn't designed for you to "leave the nest". It is a money making business and what would happen if everyone lost the weight and didn't need it anymore. I remember that scene in hot tub time machine when he is talking to his girlfriend about how she gets fat and is addicted to weightwatchers. So that had me thinking about my time with WW. I have been a member on and off since 2004. Yes, if you follow the plan you will loose weight, but I really don't want to be dependant on a "program" and have to count points for the rest of my life. So I will just try my own simple way of healthy eating and see how it goes. There is room for splurges but with (my palm) moderation. And when you put good things in your body you get good things out, like not feeling like you are going to die when you bike up a hill. And my heart will thank me for that one. And the bikini will look awesome when I hit the beach in August.

I hope everyone had an awesome 2012 and wish you all an even better 2013 filled with love and laughter. Cheers and beers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment