Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Ugly Truth


Ah yes, the truth. It will set you free….but first it will really piss you off. Funny how that seems to happen in my dating experiences too. I digress. Again.

So after my new years plan to get healthy, I did an evaluation after a week of said plan. The results…..back to weightwatchers. Yes, I know I know, I don’t want to be addicted to this damn thing for the rest of my life. But something has got to give. I bike 30-35 minutes TWICE a day to work. From going to the couch to that I should look like a damn super model at this point. But alas, I do not. I am basically just maintaining my weight from my horrid eating habits. Yes, they have gotten better but I have been tracking my food and I am going WAY over what my limits to loose weight. Not good.

 

Yes I said that WW really isn’t designed for you to “leave the nest”, but I am having too much trouble keeping the food in check without some concrete limits here. So I will just bite the damn bullet and go back on plan. I will come up with a strategy for the end of the program when I reach my goal weight. I refuse to pay for the online thing for years. Hell to the no. but hopefully by that time healthy eating will just be a habit. I am thinking it will take about a year. So leather pants from Banana Republic for the Christmas party…..you bet your ass I will.

 

On another note…I am going to exchange my helmet for an actual bike helmet. I am using an all-sport helmet and it is just pissing me off. I was pondering an article I read this morning about how guys react to chicks that are overweight. Since loosing a bit of weight I have had a few guys ht on me, not any that I would date though. But it got me thinking. A coworker said that when I get to goal weight that guys will ask me out left and right. Even guys that I know now would actually be attracted to me. Yeah that was super awesome of him to say. Felt like a million bucks after that one (can you hear the annoyance in my writing voice here?).  But would I really want to date some guy that only wanted to date me when I was “skinny” ummmm hell no. I am the same person regardless of my size. I might actually be a bit more of an asshole when I am smaller. I don’t think I should waste my time on someone that superficial anyways. Would you? All of a sudden you are acceptable because you are skinny? Hells bells. But that is just me (ITS CALLED HAVING STANDARDS). And I don’t think that sort of mentality will ever change. Oh well.

 

 Happy Tuesday wing-nuts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment