Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I should not answer questions before having coffee. Seriously.


I want a new bike. Not gonna lie on this one…..I REALLY want a new road bike. I currently ride a mountain bike and it is fine ……but the bike weights like 20 pounds. I get passed every single day by people on road bike and all I want to do is scream out “I hate you”!!! But really I am super jealous, there I admit it. I had hoped to be like 20+ pounds lighter by this point (not very realistic considering my horrid eating habits these days. Those resulted in some vitamin deficiencies. Joy.) I was thinking that by Christmas this would be super easy. Not so much. I still struggle EVERY. SINGLE. RIDE. The good news is that I have lost about 7 ponds since I started the 2nd week in October, but I wanted more damn it!!! I need to start incorporating better habits into my routine.

 I look forward to rain days that I don’t have to bike to work hehehe. Yes I really do. I enjoy biking, but I do not enjoy how my nose runs like a faucet when I bike in the cold. I go through a box of Kleenex every week I bike when it is cold. I am sure that cruising down the road with snot stringing down your face is super attractive (Dumber & Dumber style here)…….but super annoying. My pockets are full of Kleenex so it looks like I have waist boobs. Go ahead and laugh it looks funny.

 On another note……a fairly attractive guy started talking to me on the elevator this morning and asked if I had a good workout. And my reply…….”I actually bike to the train station every day …..and it sucks”. Apparently I am not a person for conversation or even simple questions before I have had my coffee. But he at least seemed impressed that I get in close to 9 miles a day. Hey buddy….I am impressed I haven’t run over anyone…yet. Let’s not even mention the fact that I was in my bike gear (ridiculous neon calf sleeves and jacket) and still feeling the icky sweat from my ride making my shirt stick to my back.  But anything worth doing is worth doing well. If you are gonna be sweaty and stink, then STANK and have that shit dripping down your face. Might as well run with it.

 And one more note……there is the hottest guy on the train some mornings. He is an exact replica (although a skinny version) of Jason Momoa. You know, the guy in Game of Thrones, and Conan the Barbarian, the recent one. Super hot. Just thought I would tell the whole damn world.

Cheers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment