Friday, September 14, 2012

The soap box for today

Alright....I have to say that Atlanta is not a bike friendly city. At all. There are so few bike lanes and the ones we do have basically give drivers an extra 2 feet to swerve around in from using their cell phone and/or texting. I really think you are taking your life in your hands by biking on the roads in Atlanta. And yes, I go on the sidewalks. Granted I am a considerate biker and yield at driveways and to others on the sidewalk. But I have no desire to be hit by someone that was too busy texting than paying attention to the road (this almost nearly sent me to the hospital on Wednesday). So for those of you that drive in the city......stay out of the bike lanes!!! That is the end of my soapbox today.

On a positive note.......there was a totally cute guy on the train this morning. Reminded me of a non-steroid version of "The Rock". But did I say anything.....no. I really think being overweight has sent my flirting confidence down the crap-shoot. But perhaps some other time. Not that it is likely that I will ever see the guy again. But tan guy in the bright orange marts polo.......you are too cute. Just sayin. Sigh.

On the biking front......I took Thursday off because my muscles are super tight, and the heart doc said to not exercise until I get the cardio-eccho on the 21st (I have noticed some weird fluttering in my heart when I do really intense riding...AKA big hills). I did protest the no working out. I mean, my bloodsugar reading have been awesome when I bike. Besides the fact that I am super stubborn.....I will just keep it to less intense biking. It feels weird when I don't work out not. Even though I have been on this wagon for just about 2 weeks. That is a good thing right?

I will do some riding when I get home tonight. I do love the compression pants that I found at target and will have to get another pair this weekend. I need to find some really soft and breezy rock & roll tshirts to work our in. I just feel like a bad ass when I work out in them (I think I have a ramones shirt somewhere). Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment