Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bike ride today

I went on a bike ride today with my brother, who actually ran instead of getting on his bike. The dude is a machine. This ride was mostly up hill since I was looking for a good route to the arts center station through Piedmont Park. Yes it was heard and I felt like I was going to die up most of the hills, but I think it was just a bit easier than the last ride. So if I keep at it, hopefully it will get a bit easier every time. But at this point, I am not in the best shape to bike to a station and make good time. I will keep riding and time the trip again at the end of the month and go from there.

One of my bad habits with exercise is trying to go all in and expect to be able to do things with zero issues and get put off when I can't. But like a good many things, it takes time and practice. Although I did feel pretty freakin exhausted when I got home, I am quite proud of myself. Some of the hills I did have to walk my bike up, but I didn't quit. Yay!!!  I do need to get into the habit of biking by myself. I usually prefer company, but my brother is usually busy and I need to not depend on anyone for my workouts.

On another note.....I got some workout pants at target that are spandex. Yes spandex. They are compression pants and they were an awesome choice for riding today so I am glad I got them. I did find an awesome Rolling Stones tshirt at old navy yesterday that is really soft and lightweight so that worked out nicely. I will keep my eyes open for some other cool rock n' roll tshirts for my biking. I really want to get the clown from the movie IT on my helmet. That would be awesome. Creepy, but awesome. At least I would hope no one would mess with me with something creepy on my helmet.

One thing I notice is that I really need to take a snack with me or even my lunch. I did get a basket for the bike and it was really a smart choice. But I sometimes tend to skip meals when I go riding and I end up craving junk food and pretty much go on a binge. Taco bell was today's vice. I don't think I did too bad though. Got home, and passed right out on the couch.

Time for a shower and laundry. Hope your weekend was awesome. Cheers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment