Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Chicago trip


Well, I would like to say that my trip to Chicago was a blast………but it was more like a bust. Let’s first say that I can only take my mom in small increments, and spending 5 days together really tried my nerves. Now, don’t get me wrong, I luvs my mum, but we are completely different people. But I digress. We stayed 2 blocks over from the “Magnificent Mile”. And trust me it is only magnificent if you are a shopaholic. The lights along the street were nice though. I am more of a foodie and experience person. My brother is the same way.
 We did get to see the museum and go to the zoo. Navy pier was a complete let-down. I did get to try the Chicago style pizza once (only because my brother and I left her at the mall). It was really good and worth a repeat if I can ever find it in Atlanta. I made 2, yes 2 , trips to Garrett’s popcorn. Oh my holy moly yummy crack rock popcorn. It is REALLY expensive but totally worth it. We didn’t get to try out many restaurants that I had heard about due to my mom’s MANY dietary “restrictions”. One example of that psycho behavior……..she only eats 2 meals a day, and gets annoyed when others don’t want to do the same.  We had to resort to eating dinner at Dick's Last Resort so mom could get a Pina Colada. Will never do that one again.

 

Anyways…..we got in a lot of walking. About 12 miles a day probably according to my brother. I have the blisters to prove it too. I really didn’t get much sleep so I am dragging and will probably be until the weekend. I have been taking my vitamins so hopefully the biking should feel a bit easier soon. One can only hope.

 

But all in all…..will not be going to Chicago again. It was just too boring. Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment